Stitches West Schedule of Events:
Thursday, February 18th:
- 5:00pm To 8:00pm ~ Joyce Heathcox of The Flying Kettle unveils the latest Color of Mantra, "Rooty Tooty".
Friday, February 19th:
- 11:00am to Noon ~ Megan from Retold Yarn
- 11:00am To 2:00pm ~ Joyce Of The Flying Kettle presents a selection of her latest color creations along with some of the oldies but goodies! A limited number of 600yd MONGO skeins will be available!
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm ~ Tria from Material Culture Fiber
- 4:00pm to 6:00pm ~ Joyce of The Flying Kettle is back in the booth to close out the day!
Saturday, February 20th:
- 10:00am to Noon ~ Joyce of The Flying Kettle
- 12:00pm to 1:00pm ~ Melanie from Knit Stitch Yarn
- 2:00pm to 3:00pm ~ Caitlin French book signing
- 2:00pm to 4:00pm ~ Knitwear designer Karen MaCall & Joyce of The Flying Kettle will be showing off Karen's newest shawl design, "Mantra Mia", which was created especially for The Flying Kettle's Mantra Yarn.
- 4:00pm to 5:00pm ~ Tink Yarn
Sunday, February 21st:
- 10:00am to 4:00pm ~ Joyce of The Flying Kettle spends the last day at Stitches West posing for pics, and talking yarn with y'all!
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm ~Jennifer From Knitsomniac
Since buying the store in June of 2014, we've had several successful special events partnering with fantastic indie dyers such as The Flying Kettle, Republic of Wool, Spun Right Round, & StimpyLab. It was through these experiences that we realized we wanted our work with indie dyers to be one of our primary focuses.
It's become our mission to help cultivate and nurture Indie Dyers no matter what stage of the game they are in. Whether you are just getting your feet wet in the fiber world, or you have achieved some success and are looking to take your business to the next level, participating in this massive fiber arts collective can be a gateway to exploring new possibilities!
The Altered Stitch will be making its first appearance at Stitches West in Feb. of 2016! It has been a very important part of our story to seek out and support Indie Artists and we are now taking the next steps in that journey by offering Indie Dyers a platform to showcase their work at a major event without having to take on the cost of coming to a show like Stitches West.
If you'd like to be considered for participation in The Fibre Collective, please send an inquiry by submitting the form below. Join the hive!
The Fibre Collective Stitches West 2016 Participants:
A Fine Fish Yarns
Andi Pandi Crafts
Bee mice elf
Bits And Hobs
Black Cat Fibers
By Kate Selene
Created by Elise B
Dyed in the Wool
Edgewood Garden Studio
Fox and Feather Yarn Co.
I Love Pink Geraniums
In The Deep Hue Sea
Kaleidoscope Dye Works
Kim Dyes Yarn
Knit Stitch Yarn
Lanitium Ex Machina
Material Culture Fiber
Spun Right Round
Stitch Together Studio
Sun Rise Fiber Co.
Texas Dyed Wool
The Altered Stitch
The Flying Kettle
Three Fates Yarn
Toby Roxane Designs
Toil and Trouble