What is Spinzilla?
Spinzilla is a global event where teams and individuals compete in a friendly challenge to see who can spin the most yarn in a week! To participate, you pick a team to join and along with other team members, try to spin the most amount of yarn during the duration of Spinzilla. All the team sign up fees go to the Spinzilla organization as part of their initiative to share the joy of handspinning and fiber arts.
When is Spinzilla?
October 3rd-9th, 2016
What do I get by signing up?
- Once you join the Altered Stitch team, you will receive a discount card good for 15% off fiber purchases from the date of issue until the last day of Spinzilla.
- The opportunity to participate in team spin-a-longs and scheduled meet-ups throughout the weeks leading up to and during Spinzilla. (a fun time to relax, spin, and meet other fibre enthusiasts and share spinning knowledge!)
- Access to a free Spindle Spinning class with instructor Anna Zinsmeister on Sunday, September 25th from 3:30pm - 5:30pm
- Team Meet Up & core spinning demo on Saturday, Oct.1st from 4pm-7pm
- Team meet Up & fiber prepping on Sunday, Oct. 2 from 3pm-6pm. Bring in all your bits and pieces of fiber and learn to use a drum carder to add sparkle and create fun fiber batts to spin from!
Contact us at the store via phone, email, or in-person for more info and if you’ve already joined, come by soon for your team member discount card!