Policies & Etiquette
- We love to help you with pattern help, fixing mistakes, and answering your knitting/crochet questions. In fact we welcome the opportunity to teach you & show you how a mistake happened and how to fix it because it empowers you to overcome obstacles quickly and keep knitting! However, in order to provide this valuable service equally to all of our customers, if you require intensive one on one instruction beyond a few minutes of help here or there...we encourage you to book a private lesson or project management session so that the person helping you can give you their undivided attention. You can also get extra help during Tech Thursdays, which is our free weekly drop in clinic.
- Please enjoy knitting and crocheting in our shop with yarns you have purchased in our store.
- We know that sometimes you have projects you're working on using yarn you bought somewhere else...we also know that sometimes you need help with those projects...so we have set up a free drop in clinic from 12-2pm on Thursdays to provide you with support.
- We love and understand that pulling out a ton of yarn out to compare and find that "just right" skein is part of a yarn lover's process...but please be kind enough to put back what you do not purchase. The less our experts have to clean up after you...the more time they have to help, teach, and knit with you!
- Please be kind and courteous of those around you.
- Please step outside if you need to take an extended call on your cell phone.
- Please pick up after yourself and note that there is a blue recycling bin for soda cans.
- Please understand that the coffee and water we provide to our customers for FREE does cost the shop money, so be kind...and only take as much as you need.
- RETURN POLICY:
- All returns are in exchange for store credit ONLY and require you to provide your RECEIPT.
- Unused yarn may be returned for store credit for up to 60 days. The yarn must be in original condition with all the original tags still attached & must be clean and free from any detectable odors.
- ***Yarn that is wound cannot be returned***
- All purchases for fiber, needles, notions, books, magazines, patterns, bags, as well as Ahsford and Schact products are FINAL SALE!
- All purchases made during a sale or event (i.e. Yarn Crawl, Eye on Indie Dyers) are FINAL SALE
- All yarn and other merchandise bought on sale or with a coupon of any kind is a FINAL SALE. (no exceptions please)
Special Orders Policies
- A 50% deposit is required at the time of ordering.
- Special orders will only be taken for the minimum purchase amount required by the company we are ordering from. (i.e. If a yarn company sells the yarn you would like to order in bags that have 5 skeins per bag, then you must be ordering 5 skeins of that yarn.)
- Shipping charges may apply to all special orders and would be determined and added in to your sales order once the company we are ordering from has sent The Altered Stitch shipping notification and/or information.
- There are no returns or exchanges on items that have been special ordered.
Class/Workshop/Private Lesson Policies
- Payment in full is due before class or private lesson begins.
- You must cancel 3 days before the class or private lesson to receive the value of your class or private lesson as a refund in the form of credit to be used towards a future class or private lesson.
- There are no cash refunds on classes, workshops, or private lessons.
- When it is specified that you must purchase yarn or other supplies for a class or workshop at The Altered Stitch, there are no exceptions to this rule.
- Classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met.
- If you are renting a loom for a weaving class, a deposit by either cash or credit card on the first day of class is required. Deposit is fully refundable if loom is returned in proper condition and with all parts. The refunded deposit is returned to you using the method by which you left the deposit. If you left a cash deposit, then you will receive cash back. If you left your deposit by credit card, the deposit will be refunded to the credit card you used to make the deposit. No cash refunds for credit card deposits, and absolutely NO deposit will be taken as a DEBIT transaction.