Our Spinzilla Schedule:
- Sunday, October 1, 2017: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Today is Fiber prep day and a good day to get last minute fiber! Don’t forget fiber is at a discount for our team (except frost yarns) and a good opportunity to grab our signature colorway!! Also any last minute questions!
- Monday, October 2, 2017: Spin week officially starts!
- Tuesday, October 3, 2017: In Store Spin 3 pm to 7 pm! Virtual spin from 4 pm to 6 pm
- Wednesday, October 4, 2017: In store and Virtual spin 5 pm to 9 pm
- Thursday, October 5, 2017: Spin Night for the Socal Fiber Fanatics and virtual spin from 4 pm to 8 pm
- Friday, October 6, 2017: In-store spin 4 pm to 8 pm! Virtual Spin from 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Saturday, October 7, 2017: All day spinning, no official meet up just come in and spin
- Sunday, October 8, 2017: Conquering Spinzilla! Finishing up our spinning efforts, counting yardage and skeining our handspun
Spinzilla is a global event where teams and individuals compete in a friendly challenge to see who can spin the most yarn in a week!
Spinzilla is held during Spinning and Weaving Week, the first full week in October. There were 5,507,622 yards of yarn spun in 2016. Help us to beat this goal in 2017!
Spinzilla is a world-wide spinning event where competing teams and individuals challenge each other to see who can spin the most yarn in a week! Although the competition lasts only a week, many teams and individuals are already training, preparing their fiber and monstering up their spinning skills. The winning team is awarded a year's worth of bragging rights, the traveling Golden Niddy Noddy, and $25 gift certificates for all team members! Spinzilla also offers individuals a way to participate in the Rogue Spinners category.
At its core, Spinzilla is the challenge to generate a very big number to show the yarn universe and beyond what we spinners are made of.
Spinzilla is a vehicle for individual spinners to spin more and worry less! We don't care what kind of yarn you spin, we just want you to grab a tool, any tool, and get spinning! We need those yards! The more you spin, the better spinner you will become. Any registered spinner who spins at least a mile (1,760 yards,) is entered into a special drawing for random prizes. All spinners who register are also eligible for random prizes.